Member Marketing Manager
About the Role
Stake is seeking a Member Marketing Lead focused on empowering Stake’s Members. As the voice across our member marketing channels — social, email, text, experiential and in-app — you will engage with our members to unlock more opportunities for them to build wealth, love where they live, and become more financially resilient.
This is a unique opportunity to expand and execute an ambitious empowerment strategy, engineered to win the hearts and minds of our members. You will activate and expand upon Stake’s strategic approach to build a renter wallet, spearheading member marketing execution and identification of opportunities. Success looks like more wealth for renters, and you create this outcome daily by direct engagement with renters, and content they can not find anywhere else. You will partner closely with our internal team members, including Growth, Customer Success, and Product, to bring Stake’s member marketing channels to life through innovative content, driving awareness, engagement, and ultimately, member growth for Stake.
Stake is a new kind of financial infrastructure company focused on speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Since our founding, we’ve expanded our renters’ wallets, and we measure our success by how many more unlocks we can make for each member in their financial journey. Stake has achieved significant growth, and we have ambitious plans ahead. To continue this growth, we need great team members like you. Our goal is to be a household name and a world-class brand, and Member Marketing is the battleground for relevance.
What You'll Do
- Build and foster our communities, identifying and executing on approach per channel, monitoring behavior and sentiment to provide insights and recommendations.
- Accountable for delivering lifecycle growth across the member financial journey including earning Cash Back, direct deposit, everyday spending with Stake Visa Debit, and other financial services.
- Be a Stake “Brand Ambassador” across member marketing platforms.
- Run all member campaigns including: leasing, renewing, payments, banking, and more. You will be responsible for the results of each campaign, with direct accountability to our paying customers and our engaged members.
- Form relationships with high engagers on social media.
- Identify relevant conversations to insert brand & increase reach in paid, owned, earned, and shared channels.
- Uncover relevant content trends and create opportunities as they unfold in real-time.
- Schedule and publish content across channels to optimize performance.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of content and campaigns across platforms to synthesize insights and optimize our approach.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks by working cross-functionally across Stake teams.
- Partner closely with Stake’s COO to ensure content adheres to regulatory conditions.
What You'll Need
- Undergrad degree
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, at least 2-3 specifically in social media
- In-depth understanding of paid, earned, owned, and shared channels (existing and emerging)
- Ability to track and report on trends; with the ability to discern fit for our brand
- Strategic thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong EQ and ability to assess nuance in conversations and react accordingly
- Experience managing social media communities
- Experience with social media tools (Brandwatch, Khoros, Sprout, or similar)
Who We Are
Stake is building the financial infrastructure for the next generation of rentals. Stake aligns incentives between renters, operators, owners, and investors, so everyone earns the Return on Rent™ they deserve. Stake’s yield management tools outperform, returning 130% on every dollar spent. These savings return millions of dollars to renters each year in the Stake app. Thousands of renters use Stake to earn Cash Back, grow their savings, and access free and equitable banking services. Headquartered in New York City and Seattle, Stake is on a mission to empower wealthier, happier, and more resilient renters. For more information, please visit https://www.stake.rent
Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial future of millions of American renters.
Our Cultural Principles
- Bring your authentic self.
- Be better than you were yesterday.
- Trust. Verify. Improve.
- Create win-win-wins.
- Bias for action.
- Data-driven storytelling.
- Lead with optimism. Act with realism.
- Build community.
Who buys our product?
Owners and operators of multifamily, single-family, and student housing homes utilize Stake’s unique Cash Back revenue management platform. With Stake, our clients drive demand to their communities and retain their residents - with Cash Back. Our Resident Members build true savings by earning Cash Back on their largest expense, their rent, creating a unique win-win for owners and operators, and renters alike.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: commiserate with experience
- Equity: You will participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan, and be a part of a growing, dynamic startup that is changing the real estate industry and financial landscape for renters. You will benefit with our team based on that growth.
- Laptop and technology: You will receive a new laptop and a stipend for home office setup.
- Benefits: Stake pays 50% of the cost for health, dental, and vision benefits. We offer 24 days a year of PTO and 401k with a company match of 100% of the first 4%.
- Maternal / Paternity Policy: We offer a universal paid parental leave of 6 weeks. Employees may take an additional 6 weeks of unpaid leave.
We are a remote-first company, so you are free to work wherever you like.
Equal Opportunity Statement/Affirmative Action Statement
Stake is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.