Stake is looking for a Sales Executive to join our Growth team. This position will demand critical thinking, strong interpersonal skills, and a passion for building relationships and working with companies in multifamily, single family, and student housing industries. As a Sales Executive you will be responsible for identifying, building relationships with, and landing target owner / operators. You will also be integral to building and scaling Stake’s sales function as an early member of the team. As you grow Stake’s customer base you will be instrumental in empowering renters across the country to build savings with Stake.
- Find customers: Work with Stake’s VP of Growth to identify qualified prospects, engage the prospects through various channels, educate them about how Stake will benefit their portfolios, and provide ideas on they can use Stake in their communities. Utilize your own relationships within real estate to capitalize on sales opportunities for Stake.
- Build relationships: Provide demos to prospects, travel to industry conferences, and build valuable industry relationships. Grow Stake’s brand as you meet with stakeholders in the industry.
- Sign-up customers: Sign new clients and align stakeholders across Stake and the client to set-up all sides for successful onboarding and implementation.
- Scale revenues: Scale the initial scope of new accounts and the volume of new opportunities while consistently closing prospects in the pipeline.
- Collaborate across the company: Work closely with the Customer Success, Marketing, Design, and Engineering functions within Stake to identify and execute on strategies to improve our product and go-to-market strategy.
- Experience in and knowledge of the multifamily, single-family, or student housing industries
- Desire to travel to meet with clients on-site and at events.
- Ability to understand and articulate financial real estate concepts in order to explain to prospects how Stake will create value for their portfolios
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and high growth startup environment with a collaborative culture
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail as you close a robust pipeline of prospects
- Nice to have - prior experience in sales or customer success, existing relationships in the multifamily, single family, and student housing industries, experience working with CRMs such as Salesforce
You will be a Sales Executive within Stake’s Growth function. Stake’s Growth function is responsible for prospecting, signing, and onboarding real estate owners / operators as well as managing and and expanding our relationships with clients. In this role you will work closely with our VP of Growth to set and execute on the company’s sales strategy and with our Customer Success team to ensure new clients have a seamless onboarding and implementation experience.
Stake is building the financial infrastructure for the next generation of rentals. Stake aligns incentives between renters, operators, owners, and investors, so everyone earns the Return on Rent™ they deserve. Stake’s yield management tools outperform, returning 130% on every dollar spent. These savings return millions of dollars to renters each year in the Stake app. Thousands of renters use Stake to earn Cash Back, grow their savings, and access free and equitable banking services. Headquartered in New York City and Seattle, Stake is on a mission to empower wealthier, happier, and more resilient renters. For more information, please visit https://www.stake.rent
Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial future of millions of American renters.
- Bring your authentic self.
- Be better than you were yesterday.
- Trust. Verify. Improve.
- Create win-win-wins.
- Bias for action.
- Data-driven storytelling.
- Lead with optimism.
- Act with realism.
- Build community.
Who buys our product?
Owners and operators of multifamily, single family, and student housing homes utilize Stake’s unique Cash Back revenue management platform. With Stake, our clients drive demand to their communities and retain their residents - with Cash Back. Our Resident Members build true savings by earning Cash Back on their largest expense, their rent, creating a unique win-win for owners and operators and renters alike.
- Salary: $70,000 to $90,000
- On-target earnings: $120,000 to $140,000
- Commissions: Uncapped
- Equity: You will participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan, and be a part of a growing, dynamic startup that is changing the real estate industry and financial landscape for renters. You will benefit with our team based on that growth.
- Laptop and technology: You will receive a new laptop and budget for setting up a home office.
- Benefits: Company pays 50% of the cost for health, dental, and vision benefits. We offer 24 days a year of PTO, 401k with company match of 100% of the first 4%.
- Maternal / Paternity Policy: We offer a universal paid parental leave of 6 weeks. Employees may take an additional 6 weeks of unpaid leave.
- The preferred location for this role is the Atlanta Metropolitan area or Greater Houston area but we are open to applicants in other locations as well. The role will be remote but with travel to client sites, events, and conferences.
Equal Opportunity Statement/Affirmative Action Statement
Stake is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.