Member Support Specialist
Overview of role
Stake is looking for a Member Support Specialist to join our hybrid-remote team. In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with Resident Members to provide great customer experiences and most importantly, help renters unlock the next financial service to help them on their journey. This is a great opportunity to help lead the development of customer service best practices.
- Identify opportunities to help renters unlock the next stage in their financial journey
- Answer resident questions via email, text and phone
- Collaborating with tech and engineering teams to identify and resolve technical issues
- Assist renters with signing up for Stake Visa® Debit and Direct Deposit
- Collaborate with sales, member growth team, and engineering to make product improvement recommendations
- Provide weekly member insights to the Growth and Member Marketing teams
- Assist with improving our member customer service experiences
- Work within our platforms including Salesforce, Intercom, ZenDesk, Podium, Stripe and our banking dashboard to assist our members
- Strong communication skills
- Tech savvy, comfortable assisting customers on both iOS and Android
- A background working in property management, banking or fintech
- 3+ years of Customer Service or Help Desk experience Member Support Specialist 2
- Proven track record of providing great customer results
- Bonus points for experience with consumer marketing
This critical role supports both the Growth and Member Marketing teams.
Stake is building the financial infrastructure for the next generation of rentals. Stake aligns incentives between renters, operators, owners, and investors, so everyone earns the Return on Rent™ they deserve. Stake’s yield management tools outperform, returning 130% on every dollar spent. These savings return millions of dollars to renters each year in the Stake app. Thousands of renters use Stake to earn Cash Back, grow their savings, and access free and equitable banking services. Headquartered in New York City and Seattle, Stake is on a mission to empower wealthier, happier, and more resilient renters. For more information, please visit https://www.stake.rent
Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial future of millions of American renters.
- Bring your authentic self.
- Be better than you were yesterday.
- Trust. Verify. Improve.
- Create win-win-wins.
- Bias for action.
- Data-driven storytelling.
- Lead with optimism.
- Act with realism.
- Build community.
Who buys our product?
Owners and operators of multifamily, single family, and student housing homes utilize Stake’s unique Cash Back revenue management platform. With Stake, our clients drive demand to their communities and retain their residents - with Cash Back. Our Resident Members build true savings by earning Cash Back on their largest expense, their rent, creating a unique win-win for owners and operators and renters alike.
- Equity: You will participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan, and be a part of a growing, dynamic startup that is changing the real estate industry and financial landscape for renters. You will benefit with our team based on that growth.
- Laptop and technology: You will receive a new laptop and a stipend for your home office setup.
- Benefits: Stake pays 50% of the cost for health, dental, and vision benefits. We offer 24 days a year of PTO and 401k with a company match of 100% of the first 4%.
- Maternal / Paternity Policy: We offer a universal paid parental leave of 6 weeks. Employees may take an additional 6 weeks of unpaid leave.
Location This is a hybrid-remote role based in Dover, NH with 3 onsite days and 2 remote days.
Equal Opportunity Statement/Affirmative Action Statement Stake is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.