Senior UX/UI Designer (3 month contract)
WHO WE ARE:
Revive is a VC-backed, fast-growing proptech company focused on delivering the best renovation experience for homeowners, real estate agents, and contractors. Remodeling should be exciting, but oftentimes is a nightmare. Revive’s platform brings peace of mind by combining friendly-financing, contractor support, and award-winning technology to drive predictability & transparency.
Revive is based in Orange County, CA but supports projects in 11 states with a plan to provide nation-wide support within 2 years. In 2022, Revive won the Real Estate Innovation Award at the National Associations of Real Estate iOi Summit and Revive’s Mobile App was recognized for an award at the Ad Federation Awards.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As a UX/UI Designer you will be joining a technology department that has built award-winning technology and is changing the home renovation industry. You will be part of a small but mighty team of engineers working on the best website in the industry, a custom-built dashboard used by all Revivers, a Silver Medal winning mobile app, and new products that include AI, ML, and computer vision.
Up to this point Revive's application design has mostly been handled by overseas resources so we are excited to have someone local bring their expertise. In this role you will be the go-to point of contact for all mobile and web design, leading user research projects, creating a design system, managing external resources, and updating our mobile app.
This is an onsite role and we will need you to come into our Irvine office to collaborate with our marketing and tech teams. During the 3 month contract you will work with our CTO to decide on a project and meeting schedule that works for everyone. There is a chance that this could lead to a full time position.
- Lead the tech team in creating more intuitive experiences for our real estate agents and general contractors
- Collaborate effectively with remote and overseas resources to ensure a cohesive design approach
- Develop a design system of components and styles that can be used across our web and mobile apps
- Conduct usability testing and gather feedback to iterate on design solutions
- Work closely with our CTO and engineers to bring your ideas to life
- Team up with marketing in order to update our website and ensure it properly reflects Revive's mission in 2024
WHO YOU ARE:
- 4+ years of experience as a UX/UI Designer with a strong portfolio showcasing mobile and web design projects
- Ability to build intuitive, east to use design systems that have been used across engineering, design, and marketing teams
- Expertise in Figma and experience working with Webflow
- Demonstrated ability to manage and collaborate with remote or overseas design teams
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
- Experience in conducting usability testing and incorporating feedback into designs
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate design decisions
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of front-end development technologies (HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Familiarity with proptech or real estate industry
Compensation for this role is in the $40-50/hr range.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure we are reasonably accommodating for individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS AND STAFFING AGENCIES:
Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Revive or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Revive are unsolicited and thus considered property of Revive. Revive will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Revive in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.