Senior Software Engineer
WHO WE ARE:
Revive is a VC-backed, fast-growing proptech company focused on delivering the best renovation experience for homeowners, real estate agents, and contractors. Remodeling should be exciting, but oftentimes is a nightmare. Revive’s platform brings peace of mind by combining friendly-financing, contractor support, and award-winning technology to drive predictability & transparency.
Revive is based in Orange County, CA but supports projects in 11 states with a plan to provide nation-wide support within 2 years. In 2022, Revive won the Real Estate Innovation Award at the National Associations of Real Estate iOi Summit and Revive’s Mobile App was recognized for an award at the Ad Federation Awards.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be joining a software engineering department that has built award-winning technology and is changing the home renovation industry. You will be part of a small but mighty team of engineers working on the best website in the industry, a custom-built dashboard used by all Revivers, a Silver Medal winning mobile app, and new products that include AI, ML, and computer vision.
A successful Revive engineer will be excited about contributing to all of the above, but will also be interested as being the lead engineer role for the application/tool of their choice. In this role you will be the go-to point of contact for all user requests, manage external resources as they support you in bug fixing, and you will collaborate with our Head of Engineering in new feature planning and development.
This is an exciting role for someone looking to jump from a mid-level to senior engineer role or for a veteran engineer who is tired of the slow pace of releases in the world of big tech. You have fullstack skills, but your strength is on the backend with Node and Express.
This is an onsite role and you will need to work from our Irvine office. While we do love creating opportunities for people to grow, this role is not open to bootcamp or college graduates.
- Collaborate with development and engineering resources around the world to meet Revive's software engineering goals
- Develop web and mobile applications to meet internal business needs as well as those of our customers (homeowners, real estate agents, and contractors)
- Build, maintain, and scale backend services using Node, Express, and Typescript
- Creating and managing database schemas to support a scaling user base
- Optimize REST APIs to support internal applications as well as Machine Learning models
- Develop automated unit tests and integration tests to ensure the highest quality of application performance
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in a timely manner
- Regular check-ins regarding project timeline and timely communication of any issues that arise so that blockers might be removed
- Researching and investigating the proptech industry to find new tools, databases, and technologies that can be incorporated into Revive's existing platforms and offerings
- Documenting new features, libraries, and tools used so future engineers can easily jump into the code base
WHO YOU ARE:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience with a focus on backend technologies
- Strong backend engineering skills, specifically with Node and Express
- Ability to build custom REST APIs from scratch
- Extensive experience with Git, Github, and version control best practices
- Ability to decide whether an existing library or custom-built solution is the better choice for the business need
- Professional communication and in person office skills
Nice to Haves
- Experience in the real estate, renovation, or construction space
Compensation for this role is in the 100-140k range depending on experience. Equity and bonuses are also available.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure we are reasonably accommodating for individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS AND STAFFING AGENCIES:
Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Revive or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Revive are unsolicited and thus considered property of Revive. Revive will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Revive in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.