Director of Sales
WHO WE ARE:
Revive is a VC-backed, fast-growing proptech company focused on delivering the best renovation experience for homeowners, real estate agents, and contractors. Remodeling should be exciting, but oftentimes is a nightmare. Revive’s platform brings peace of mind by combining friendly-financing, contractor support, and award-winning technology to drive predictability & transparency.
Revive is based in Orange County, CA but supports projects in 11 states with a plan to provide nation-wide support within 2 years. In 2022, Revive won the Real Estate Innovation Award at the National Associations of Real Estate iOi Summit and Revive’s Mobile App was recognized for an award at the Ad Federation Awards.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
We are seeking a results-driven Director of Sales to join Revive, a pre-seed startup company in the proptech space. The ideal candidate has had success scaling the sales organization in a real estate or proptech startup. As the Director of Sales you will be responsible for managing the sales team, creating sales goals and strategies, developing training programs, and providing coaching and mentoring to your direct reports. You should be just as comfortable closing a major client as you are rolling up your sleeves to develop a training guide for new hires.
It is important to us that someone stepping into this role has successfully led the sales function, stepped in to take on an existing sales team, and helped grow that team both locally and remotely. Qualified candidates will be expected to have led teams as they scaled up rapidly, grew into new markets across the country, and, when necessary, adapted to any changes in the structure of the organization.
This role will report directly to our CEO and work from our Irvine, CA headquarters. This is an onsite role and it is expected that you will be in the office 5 days/week.
- Identify areas for improvement and develop sales plans and strategies to achieve sales goals
- Manage all sales team members and processes, setting sales goals and quotas, and creating the sales department budget
- Produce sales forecasts and reports, research the market and competitors
- Recruit and hire sales staff and develop training programs
- Provide coaching and mentoring to sales staff to help them achieve their targets and grow in their roles
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop and implement strategies for product development, customer acquisition, and revenue growth
- Identify and pursue new business development opportunities to expand the company's market share
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experience within proptech or real estate having "sold" to real estate agents in the past
- At least 8 years of experience in sales, with a proven track record of scaling the sales function within a proptech or real estate startup
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to inspire, motivate, and hold team members accountable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships across all departments
- A player-coach mentality who is willing to hop on the phones or get involved in sales calls while constantly looking for ways to help the team grow
- Ability to analyze market trends and competitor activity and adjust sales strategies accordingly
Nice to Have
- MBA or graduate degree
- Successful startup exit (acquisition, IPO, etc)
Total compensation range for this role is between 200-400k based on experience with a 50/50 split. A candidate expecting a base salary that is greater than 50% of OTE will not have the right mindset for this role.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure we are reasonably accommodating for individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS AND STAFFING AGENCIES:
Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Revive or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Revive are unsolicited and thus considered property of Revive. Revive will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Revive in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.