Senior Finance Manager - FP&A and Commercial (12mth FTC)
Accounting & Finance
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
Founded in 2014, RateMyAgent is Australia and New Zealand’s number 1 real estate ratings and review platform. We also operate in the US market and have seen rapid growth and usage of the platform with exciting plans in the pipeline.
RateMyAgent has nearly 90 employees globally with our head office being in Cremorne, Melbourne with a number of remote employees based across AU, NZ and US. We listed on the ASX in 2018 ‘RMY’.
We have an innovative tech culture, tonnes of energy and a focus to deliver amazing outcomes. Our culture means that teams can enjoy ownership of their products and the autonomy to innovate; backed by our belief in cross-functional collaboration, experimentation and learning.
So, if you want to contribute to an environment where your work has an imminent impact on results and you don't have to work through all the red tape, then this could be the place for you.
About the role:
Reporting to the CFO, the role of Senior Finance Manager – FP&A and Commercial is a highly visible and critical senior role (effectively 2IC to the CFO) in providing value-adding commercial support to the executive team and the board.
An exciting career opportunity, you will be able to have a significant impact on the strategic direction of the business.
This is a fixed term role for 12 months with an opportunity for extension depending on business needs while the incumbent takes some well-deserved time away on maternity leave.
- Monthly Reporting and Planning including directing the financial planning and reporting process, and provide leadership of the financial story for executive management and board/ shareholder presentations
- Leading the annual budgeting and quarterly forecast process with the executive team to deliver robust 3-way financial forecasts and leading monthly financial reporting process and quarterly business review process to provide operational analytics, filtered insights and commentary on the performance of the company
- Developing standardised and automated reporting to optimise the suite of business metrics to demonstrate progress against RMY’s OKRs
- Developing and managing standard reporting models for use by SLT, operational managers including SaaS metric calculations such as Subscribers, MRR/ARR, Churn
- Maintaining a clear timetable and process for ASX and Investor Relations, including preparing the annual & half year ASX presentation the investor community
- Business Partnering with 6 senior executives to drive business performance via active involvement in commercial decision making and through provision of analytics support
- Leading commercial management of ad hoc strategic projects through analysis, modelling and reporting and become a trusted advisor to the executive on all commercial decisions
- Assist as we transition towards best-in-class SaaS metric dashboards and reports, including locking down a new software solution for SaaS metrics which provides more depth of information on business’ operational and financial health
- You are CA or CPA qualified and ideally started your career within a “big four” firm and/or established consultancy
- FP&A and / or business partnering experience in a high growth environment preferably within the SAAS technology sector
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex financial concepts to diverse stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships and influence key stakeholders across all levels of the organisation and achieve outcomes
- Advanced planning and budgeting skills including demonstrable experience in driving innovation and efficiency in planning and budgeting processes
- Strong literacy with common business applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint and Xero)Strong financial modelling experience with excellent Excel skills (including investment analysis and cash flow modelling)
- Working knowledge of IFRS and accounting standards
- ERP/BI tool implementation experience looked on favourably
- Preferably, you will have group FP&A experience in an ASX company and/ or have led or managed an FP&A function for a reputable company
- You will be a part of an invested, energized, curious team and have the courage and support to deliver innovative outcomes for our business
Flexible working: We are a very flexible workplace, with a WFH culture. Due to the cross functional collaboration embedded in this role, we would expect around 3 days per week to be office based (Cremorne) with 2 from home.
Wellness initiatives: 2 wellness days a year on us - grab a massage, head out into nature or simply enjoy time at home.
Social: Company-wide collaboration such as product showcases and hackathons, quarterly team events, company lunches and other fun social events (virtual and in-person). Our pool and ping pong tournaments are the best!
Extra Leave: A day off on your birthday! (No one likes to work on their birthday), plus two Volunteer days
Learning and Development: Whether it's a short course, conference, or even a book that will help you with your learning and development, we have a healthy training budget in place for staff so you can continually learn and grow.
At RateMyAgent, we appreciate the value that comes from having diverse employees. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, pregnancy, race or religion, we strive to create a team where anybody can thrive. We strongly believe a varied workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective.
Wherever you’re from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (Customer Obsessed, Do the right thing, One Team, One Dream, We Hustle, We're Straight Up and Give a S***)
If your skills and experience fit the description above, please send your resume and an articular and clear note demonstrating your suitability for the role.