Principal / Senior Software Engineer - .NET/Angular
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
Thanks to an internal promotion we are pleased to announce we are looking for 2 people to join our leading edge tech team - in the role of Principal and Senior Software Engineer.
Both positions are key roles and will see you help guide us on improving our front-end solutions business-wide, bringing performance improvements & best practice principles. You will also have the opportunity to develop the architecture and solution design within a cross-functional team - so you really can make a difference, have a voice, and directly impact the company's growth!
Our engineering teams typically consist of 4 engineers, a tech lead, a product owner and a UX expert and the environment is one that encourages a courageous can-do attitude. We love to move fast, fail fast, and learn fast. We are always looking to learn from our data and customers as we take our platform to the global stage.
We're a team that thrives on startup culture and hate the red tape that comes with larger enterprise organisations.
These roles will suit someone who is not only passionate about building products that customers will love but someone who flourishes on seeing their ideas elaborated on in collaborative, Agile teams.
RateMyAgent launched in 2014. We have an awesome innovative culture, tonnes of energy and a focus to deliver amazing outcomes. Our culture means that teams can enjoy ownership of their work and the autonomy to innovate; backed by our belief in cross-functional collaboration, experimentation and learning.
We are listed on the ASX:RMY Ratemyagent.com.au is Australia’s No. 1 real estate agent ratings and statistics website. We provides recommendations, rankings and reviews for real estate agents in Australia, New Zealand and have ambitious plans for international growth (with current focus on the USA). We’re on a mission to be the global no 1. Real estate ranking and statistics service.
Required Skills & Experience - About You!
- 7+ years full-stack principal or senior engineer
- Strong experience with Relational Databases (PostGres a plus) and/or ORMs (EntityFrameworkCore a plus)
- .NET Core 6+
- Loves working in outcome-focused agile teams (ideation, solution, delivery, measurement, ownership, etc.)
- Exposure to ElasticSearch, Snowflake and/or Redis (or you can come and learn)
- Experience mentoring and up-skilling others
- Experience in performant, SEO-sensitive, consumer-facing front-end code bases is a bonus
- Experience in Angular/TypeScript 16+ with an (NX) Monorepo (bonus)
- Competence with analytics and tracking tooling (GA, Heap, segment, pendo, etc.)
- Fast CI/CD (we do 20+ production deployments per day) with containerization (AWS Fargate)
- Experience with utility-first styling frameworks, such as Tailwind
- Cloud experience, we are based 100% in AWS and use their CDK
- Infrastructure tooling such as AWS CDK (Or terraform, CloudFormation, ARM Templates, etc.) is a bonus
RateMyAgent offers a competitive salary and benefits.
The world has changed and so have we, we support you working remotely and from our office.
2 wellness days a year on us - Grab a massage, head out into nature or simply enjoy time at home.
Company-wide collaboration such as product showcases, coffee with the exec sessions, culture, and loads of social events (virtual and in-person).
We are proud of our hackathon culture and host 3 hackathons a year where the whole company gets involved!
A day off on your birthday on us! (No one likes to work on their birthday)
Two Volunteer days
Paid Parental Leave:
We want to support you as your family grows so we offer paid leave for the special times as well as flexible working options.
Learning and Development:
Whether it's a short course, conference, or even a book that will help you with your learning and development, we have a healthy training budget in place for staff so you can continually learn and grow.
At RateMyAgent, we appreciate the value that comes from having diverse employees. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, pregnancy, race or religion, we strive to create a team where anybody can thrive. We strongly believe a varied workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective. Wherever you’re from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (Customer Obsessed, Do the right thing, One Team, One Dream, We Hustle We're Straight Up and Give a S***)