Senior Product Designer
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, November 6, 2023
RateMyAgent launched in 2014 and is Australia’s No. 1 real estate agent ratings and statistics website.
It provides recommendations, rankings and reviews for real estate agents in Australia. We have ambitious plans for international growth (with current focus on the USA). We’re on a mission to be the global no 1. Real estate ranking and statistics service globally.
We have an awesome innovative tech culture, tonnes of energy and a focus to deliver amazing outcomes. Our culture means that teams can enjoy ownership of their products and the autonomy to innovate; backed by our belief in cross-functional collaboration, experimentation and learning. There are currently over eighty employees and we are surrounded by expert partners and advisors. We are listed on the ASX:RMY.
Product Design at RateMyAgent
Product Designers work in a team that is accountable for customer and user outcomes. You will be a key partner in the product trio, working closely with Product Management & Engineering.
We are striving to be more customer and user-focused, and we work adaptively to deliver value quickly to our customers and users. You will engage with our customers, users, and industry partners to uncover opportunities and create solutions that build trust and transparency in the world of real estate and help agents do their best work.
RateMyAgent is 9 years old and the Product function is evolving as we scale, you will be a key contributor to how the design function evolves at RateMyAgent. There will be the opportunity to help build the design process, operations, and systems that will set us apart as a true product design-led company in the prop-tech landscape.
- Your primary responsibility would be to embed into a squad and actively deliver product improvements, uncover opportunities in the problem space, and help accelerate how we ship impactful user experiences that add value to our user’s work and our business.
- You will additionally be responsible for improving existing experiences, discovering new product opportunities, and capabilities, and setting the direction of an amazing experience for our users for anything new that RateMyAgent delivers within your teams’ immediate objectives.
- You will strive to make our platform more useful, valuable, usable, discoverable, accessible, desirable, consistent, trustable, and credible.
- Ensure that strategic initiatives that you are part of are championed with user-centric practices and design-thinking processes.
- Ensure that user and customer job outcomes are researched and brought back into design activities.
- Ensure that the user-centric focus is upheld in the Product Management, Engineering & Design trio to have a positive impact on the user’s experience with our platform.
- Ensure that knowledge is captured, analysed, and made visible across the team.
- Ensure that the team arrives at a shared understanding of discovery and delivery.
- Ensure that design intent is carried across to what we ship to customers without loss in translations and during handovers.
- Ensure that our product matures in UX standards and papercuts are reduced by following patterns that improve ease of use by leveraging familiar UX and consistent patterns.
- Assist RateMyAgent, Product Management & Product Design team to establish and lead change in good design processes across user research, design activities, and design systems and help mature the team, practices, and thought leadership.
Skills we are looking for
- Great at demonstrating product design experience having shipped, improved, retired, or sunsetted products and features.
- Great at stakeholder management and cross-collaboration with engineering and other disciplines like Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Customer Success.
- Great communication and soft skills.
- Great at bringing clarity to the user and customer problems through various research methods.
- Great at solving complex problems and visually communicating design intent.
- Great at picking up modern design tools (Figma, Framer, Maze, and so on) with little support and running with them (Bonus points if you like sharing know-how).
- Great at communicating the design thinking process taken to arrive at a solution.
- Great at facilitating various design and research workshops and able to recommend the right method and tool for the task at hand.
- Great at championing and establishing design processes in forming teams.
- Good at building relationships and cross-functional team members to improve shipped products, design craft, and influence by evidence-based design decisions.
- Good at analysing data (qualitative and quantitative) and synthesising actionable insights that lead to envisioning meaningful team actions that impact customer and user experience positively.
Nice to have
- Establishing design processes in small to medium-sized organisations.
- Pragmatic attention to detail (An ability to prioritise what details to sweat or not).
- Content and product copywriting.
- Familiarity with the US market (Bonus points).
- B2B SaaS experience (Bonus points).
- Globalisation of product.
- An understanding of established design systems from Google (Material), Apple (HIG), and web standards.
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in a field of study related to HCI, HF, UCD, Psychology, Visual Communication, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, or Design.
- Self-taught Design and UX professionals.
- Must have experience working as a Product/UX Designer in a software development team comprised of people with product, development, and marketing skill sets.
- We welcome career transitions.
- Must have experience working in agile ways of working.
- We prefer the candidate to be co-located with the direct team in Melbourne, 2 days in the office and 3 days remote is our current model of hybrid work.
- We are not in a position to sponsor visas.
Flexible working: The world has changed and so have we, we support you working remotely and from our office.
Wellness initiatives: 2 wellness days a year on us - Grab a massage, head out into nature or simply enjoy time at home.
Social: Company-wide collaboration such as product showcases, coffee with the exec sessions, culture, and loads of social events (virtual and in-person).
Hackathons: We are proud of our hackathon culture and host 3 hackathons a year where the whole company gets involved!
Extra Leave: A day off on your birthday on us! (No one likes to work on their birthday) and Two Volunteer days, plus 2 additional days off to focus on your own health and wellbeing
Paid Parental Leave: We want to support you as your family grows so we offer paid leave for special times as well as flexible working options.
Learning and Development: Whether it's a short course, conference, or even a book that will help you with your learning and development, we have a healthy training budget in place for staff so you can continually learn and grow.At RateMyAgent, we appreciate the value that comes from having diverse employees. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, pregnancy, race or religion, we strive to create a team where anybody can thrive. We strongly believe a varied workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective. Wherever you’re from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (Customer Obsessed, Do the right thing, One Team, One Dream, We Hustle, We're Straight Up and Give a S***)