Platform (DevSecOps) Engineer
BRIVITY | Powered by PLACE
PLACE is an end-to-end technology and business services platform designed to simplify the real estate lifecycle for both consumers and their real estate agents. Top producing real estate teams partner with PLACE because we take care of bookkeeping, human resources, in-house legal, design and marketing, talent acquisition, business training and coaching. Consumers choose real estate teams Powered by PLACE because our partners are positioned to deliver a better experience to their valued clients.
Brivity Platform is the all-in-one real estate solution that automates 50-75% of daily tasks and offers real estate professionals the leverage they need to generate more business, stay top of mind, close more deals, and deliver unparalleled service to their valued clients–all in one system[place]. Brivity is the technology suite of choice for 3,000+ of the nation’s top producing real estate agents and teams, including those Powered by PLACE.
We're a team of talented remote DevOps engineers. At our core, we try to use mostly open source solutions stitched together with a little bash. So we really value a deep understanding of open source technologies and how they work. Reading documentation top to bottom, traversing Github issues, and even diving into open source repositories looking for code that explains exactly how something works, is very beneficial here.
We often work after hours and on weekends to do upgrades and maintenance, and because of this, we value flexibility in our schedule.
We love it when team members share ideas or tools to improve the functionality or experience of the platform, so we appreciate some geekiness.
We're a remote first company, but we have a headquarters in Bellingham, WA. Some engineers work from there.
You will be an equal member in our team and help out in our shared responsibilities, but we are looking for someone who is particularly interested in security and wants to take the lead there. Each of us takes the lead on different larger areas and rotate around every so often so no one gets too siloed.
• Managing our infrastructure in AWS
• Improving monitoring and alerting
• Particpating in our on call rotation
• Removing any security issues discovered by our scanning tool
• Managing our intrusion detection software
• Assisting users with our Single Sign On tool
• Assisting developers in configuring their repos
• Finding the source of performance issues
• Refining and creating Prometheus alerts
• Upgrading our Kubernetes clusters along with the many automation tools we run inside of it
While infrastructure, pipelines, and monitoring are our bigger long-term projects, we help developers daily with using the platform we have set up. So having great soft skills and patience is important. Besides the typical DORA 4 DevOps metrics, a large part of how we determine our success is whether the developers are happy using the platform.
• Strong shell scripting skills
• Linux administration
• Strong Kubernetes knowledge
• Understanding package/dependency management in a variety of languages and frameworks
• Complete understanding of networking in the cloud
• Knowing how to use and interpret metrics + APM
• A bachelor's degree in computer science
• Knowledge of database monitoring
• Some experience working as a developer before moving into DevOps
• Knowledge of a variety of databases, Postgres most importantly
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect
• CKA Certified Kubernetes Architect
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.