What's on offer
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Financial Controller, or Controller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. The Finance Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
Reporting to the COO, your primary responsibility will be proactive management of the day-to-day accounting and treasury function of the group. Additionally, you will provide management reporting to support ad hoc senior management initiatives and Board reporting.
PAM is a world leader in creating intelligent environments.
We empower our customers to make their events, precincts and cities more intuitive via our smart navigation solutions.
Founded in 2016, PAM has built a diverse team of physical, digital and operational experts, working together to transform complex spaces into pleasurable, productive, and profitable places.
We strive to simplify the complex, remove barriers and create enduring connections to customer environments.
- Manage all accounting operations including Invoicing, A/R, A/P, GL, expense reimbursement process, payroll, and month-end reporting
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting for AU and US entities
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes, accounting and treasury policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manage treasury operations across subsidiaries
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Turn up everyday with ideas to advance our company’s value, awesome culture and vision for the future.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller in a technology firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Experience and exposure to accounting, financial control and treasury management of overseas subsidiaries
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CA or CPA preferred
What’s in the mirror?
- A person dedicated to excellence and high performance - you possess a strong desire to achieve your personal and professional goals, take setbacks in stride, recover quickly, and continue to seek new ways to improve.
- Life-long learner - have an innate desire to learn and be endlessly curious about your company, products, its customers and the competition. Seek out new opportunities to grow, learn, and improve as a professional and a person.
- Critical Thinker - you use logic to solve problems and can think on your feet about the best ways to help your customers solve their challenges to grow.
- Coachable - be humble when needed, understand your strengths and weaknesses, and be able to take feedback and turn it into a better you.
- Inspiring communicator - you can concisely communicate with colleagues and customers to inspire and motivate them to take action and grow with us.
Your future at PAM
- We are offering a competitive salary and are in a hyper-growth phase
- This role will be integral to PAMs growth, domestically and internationally.
- You’ll join a highly competent and motivated team with a unified vision to be the global leader in intelligent environments.
Location: this is a full-time role, based in our Head Office in Sydney, Australia