Senior Software Engineer
Obie is an insurance technology company, hyper-focused on driving value for the modern real estate investor and the partners they work with every day. Whether an owner, lender, agent, or property manager, Obie’s mission is to build technology and insurance products that drive efficiency and fundamentally change the way insurance is bought and sold.
As the industry leader in embedded and instant insurance products, Obie was recently honored as Business Insurance Best Places to Work and one of Inc Magazine's Fastest Growing Companies for 2022. Obie is one of a small number of companies that are both a Y-Combinator and NAR REACH accelerator alum.
To date, Obie has raised $39 million from leading proptech investors including Battery Ventures, Thomvest Ventures, MetaProp, Second Century Ventures, and Funders Club. The company is headquartered in Chicago, IL but also offers employees the opportunity to work remotely.
Obie is looking for enthusiastic, talented software engineers (React, GraphQL, Node.js) to join us to build our product, our team, and our company. A small pivot in our journey has led to a strong product-market fit and we are moving quickly to build something incredible.
What You'll Do:
- Write high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Write automated tests for your code
- Design, develop and support software including applications, databases and APIs
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure projects meet business objectives and compliance standards
- Support testing, quality assurance and deployment of new products and features
- Write and review code specifications and participate in code reviews
- Mentor team members and promote coding standards and best practices
What You'll Bring:
- Experience with React, Node.js, Typescript, relational databases, and unit/integration testing
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with distributed team members
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or related field) preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
Obie has you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we understand the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Flexible time off with an encouraged minimum time away to support a healthy work-life balance
12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
Great health, dental and vision coverage
Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Pet Insurance Reimbursement
Equipment budget - everything you need to do your best work
Professional development support