Senior Accountant, General Ledger
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
As the pioneer and market leader in remote online notarization, Notarize is bringing trust online and pulling industries like real estate, automotive and financial services into the digital age. We’ve built strategic partnerships with some of America’s biggest brands (Adobe and Transamerica, to name a few), and have been recognized and ranked on prestigious lists, like #24 on The Financial Times’ List of Fastest Growing Companies, #114 on Inc. Magazine’s 2021 Inc. 5000, and Built In's List for Best Remote-First Places to Work.
We're looking for a customer service-focused and detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join our dynamic Finance team reporting into the SVP, Finance as we build a Finance organization scaled for hyper growth. This position is for a leader who is passionate about process and analyzing data while ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and company policies. While detail oriented and a critical thinker, you have a full understanding of the big picture. You thrive on streamlining General Ledger processes including Order-to-Cash and Procure-to-Pay while strengthening the company’s control environment while maintaining a lens of data and analytics. You will partner with numerous cross functional teams, and you are an excellent
collaborator. A successful candidate will have the ability to adapt to change and shift priorities quickly while maintaining organization, accuracy and a desire to build and refine operational processes.
What you’ll do as a Senior Accountant at Notarize:
- You will perform monthly Close duties including; revenue billing, bank reconciliation, payroll entries, etc.
- Serve as primary owner of our procure to pay process managing bill.com and Expensify.
- Serve as a key contact for compliance related requests (audit, corporate taxes, etc)
- Prepare, review, and analyze various reporting data using Excel tools and functions (Pivot Tables, Macros, Vlookups, and other calculation functions)
- Work closely with internal business partners (Engineering, Finance Systems, Sales Ops, etc) to identify and drive revenue operational excellence opportunities that have finance implications
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting as needed
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of relevant Finance experience with a strong preference for those with prior experience in Controllership function in a software/SaaS business
- Demonstrated proficiency in GSuite, Excel, and relevant accounting software (Quickbooks, Netsuite, Stripe, Salesforce, etc.)
- Ability to work both collaboratively and in a dynamic team environment across multiple high priorities with little direction and/or supervision
- Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, journal entries, accounting, etc.)
- CPA experience required
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.
See more open positions at Notarize
Something looks off?