Prep Cook + Café Support
Charlotte, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Who We Are
Lulafit is a national leader in amenity consulting, technology, and management. Today, lulafit works with top organizations and real estate communities to create a culture and space that supports people’s physical, social, and mental well-being. The result is increased retention, higher engagement, and healthier and happier people.
What You’ll Do
The Prep Cook will be responsible for ensuring smooth and efficient operational procedures within the BOH in the Café, including but not limited to prepping food and beverage items, ensuring quality of food and beverage items, and keeping the BOH area clean and organized. The schedule for this role will be Monday-Friday, 6am-3pm.
How You'll Do It
- Follow recipes and food prep for daily and weekly food items.
- Prepare ingredients for food preparation or storage on a regular basis, including but not limited to, washing, chopping, organizing ingredients.
- Complete daily FIFO rotations to ensure ingredients are being used in the correct order.
- Check food for proper temperatures, quantity, quality, and safety.
- Keep BOH neat and clean, free of clutter, and easily accessible by the Café team.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Work with other Café team members to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Follow all food safety and hygiene requirements.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Customer Centric: Meets and exceeds customer needs. Displays service excellence and hospitality mindset.
- Organization and task management: Ability to prioritize work and effectively delegate tasks. Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-Directed: Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks without constant supervision.
- Communication: Clear and effective communication and dissemination of information. Understand and follow the process for communication, and how and when information is shared.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in the food and/or beverage industry21 years old required
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Have an active interest in learning about coffee, beer, wine and liquor and common drink recipes.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point of sales system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Google suite, MS Office (Word and Excel), other technologies
- Adaptable to learning new technologies
- Ability to work with all levels of staffing, other management and clientele
- A proven track record in delivering high end customer service
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative startup environment
- Experience working as a concierge or other guest services role highly desired
Benefits & Perks
At lulafit, we invest in our employees' health and well-being. Our benefits reflect our commitment to help our team be the best versions of themselves both at work and at home. We are proud to offer all full-time employees:
* Paid Medical Options & Life
* Dental & Vision
* Generous Parental Leave
* Professional Development Reimbursement
* Personalized Mental Health Support
* Team Social Events
* Virtual Wellness Platform Access
* Branded Company Swag
* Recognition & Rewards Program
Why We’re Different
At lulafit, we’re proud to have created a product and service our customers love. We are a team in every sense. We support one another as we work collaboratively towards a common goal of modernizing well-being to empower people in their everyday lives. From growth opportunities to professional development to unique benefits and perks, we want all our employees to realize their full potential. We value innovative and curious people who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable workplace that promotes and values diversity. We welcome all employees and applicants, without regard to age, gender identity, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, religion, or any other protected characteristic under law. More importantly, our work environment is one where everyone, from any background, is inspired and encouraged to do their best work.