Charlotte, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Who We Are
Lulafit is a national leader in amenity consulting, technology, and management. Today, lulafit works with top organizations and real estate communities to create a culture and space that supports people’s physical, social, and mental well-being. The result is increased retention, higher engagement, and healthier and happier people.
What You’ll Do
The Café Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing smooth and efficient operational procedures within the Café at One South. The Café Manager will oversee staff scheduling, menu planning, and the maintenance of inventory. This position will also manage and coordinate with vendors, monitor the budget, and work to improve the operations and customer experience of the Café. The schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday, 7am-4pm.
- Create, execute and improve upon the Cafe’s SOPs and operational procedures on a regular basis.
- Oversee and maintain quality of the Cafe’s coffee program: create and maintain drink recipes, train café staff to maintain coffee program quality.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the Cafe’s standard drink recipes.
- Oversee management of Square dashboard, including time management.
- Monitor budgets, proactively find ways to lower operational costs while expanding the cafés customer base.
- Oversee preparation of ready-made food items, garnishes for drinks, and any other items needed to be readily available for proper café functioning.
- Maintain all prep and service areas in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Keep a tidy space within the prep area and café tables.
- Work with Tenant Experience Director to provide high level support for catering, events, etc.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the café as directed by the Tenant Experience Director.
- Directly manage all procurement and maintenance vendor relationships.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels including but not limited to: food item orders, liquor/wine/beer, coffee, catering items, etc.
- Coordinate service of any and all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise café staff.
- Oversee scheduling of staff members and ensure all café hours are staffed with adequate coverage.
- Manage vendor relationships for food, beverage, equipment, etc.
- Ensure customer satisfaction, address any customer concerns, and maintain a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Present food/drink menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages and food.
- Iterate on menu items as required.
- Learn customer names and personally recognize regulars.
- Customer Centric: Meets and exceeds customer needs. Displays service excellence and hospitality mindset.
- Organization and task management: Ability to prioritize work and effectively delegate tasks. Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-Directed: Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks without constant supervision.
- Communication: Clear and effective communication and dissemination of information. Understand and follow the process for communication, and how and when information is shared.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in cafes, specifically with making various coffee beverages
- 21 years old and a valid NC driver’s license required
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Have working knowledge of coffee, beer, wine and liquor and common drink recipes.
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point of sales system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Google suite, MS Office (Word and Excel), other technologies
- Adaptable to learning new technologies
- Ability to work with all levels of staffing, other management and clientele
- A proven track record in delivering high end customer service
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative startup environment
- Experience working as a concierge highly desired
Benefits & Perks
At lulafit, we invest in our employees' health and well-being. Our benefits reflect our commitment to help our team be the best versions of themselves both at work and at home. We are proud to offer all full-time employees:
* Paid Medical Options & Life
* Dental & Vision
* Generous Parental Leave
* Professional Development Reimbursement
* Personalized Mental Health Support
* Team Social Events
* Virtual Wellness Platform Access
* Branded Company Swag
* Recognition & Rewards Program
Why We’re Different
At lulafit, we’re proud to have created a product and service our customers love. We are a team in every sense. We support one another as we work collaboratively towards a common goal of modernizing well-being to empower people in their everyday lives. From growth opportunities to professional development to unique benefits and perks, we want all our employees to realize their full potential. We value innovative and curious people who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable workplace that promotes and values diversity. We welcome all employees and applicants, without regard to age, gender identity, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, religion, or any other protected characteristic under law. More importantly, our work environment is one where everyone, from any background, is inspired and encouraged to do their best work.