Property Management Analyst
Landis is a homeownership company taking on the housing affordability crisis. Our mission is to guide people on their unique path to homeownership, and we do this through a holistic homeownership program where we buy a home for a client and rent it to them while we help them prepare for a mortgage. We’ve been on the Built In 50 Best Places to Work in New York City three years in a row. Landis is a Series B company backed by Sequoia Capital and GV.
We are currently seeking a Property Management Analyst to join our Real Estate Operations team. The position will be primarily responsible for the property management, oversight and reporting for a single-family home (SFR) real estate portfolio across multiple operating states. This is a unique opportunity to be an early crew member at a growth-stage start-up. As a Property Management Analyst, you will be responsible for the ongoing management of matters impacting both fixed and variable costs associated with SFR management, as well as maintaining and managing a host of third-party vendors to fulfill our mission of guiding clients on their unique path to homeownership.
Where you will make an impact:
- Work with both clients and vendors to insure the SFR portfolio is maintained in accordance with Landis’s standards
- Oversee and coordinate all real estate repairs
- Ensure all work order and repair requests are processed in a timely fashion
- Establish and manage new and ongoing relationships with third party vendors
- Manage ongoing expenses (taxes, utilities, HOA, etc.) across the entire portfolio
- Assist in creating client educational materials
- Investigate and resolve tenant complaints
- Manage rent collection effectiveness
- Create and collaborate on reports for senior management and investors
- Assist in the formation and advancement of Real Estate Operations strategies and goals
- Enthusiastic about our mission to help renters become homeowners
- A self-starter with the discipline, dedication and motivation to work hard
- Excited to make our clients happy
- Computer savvy
- 4+ years of experience in Property Management, Portfolio Management, or other related field, (preferably within the SFR space)
- Experience in vendor management across multiple geographies
- Fundamental understanding of inspection reports
- Working knowledge of the following terms: DTI, SFR, cash on cash and IRR
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience on a cross-functional team
- You spend your spare hours on Zillow, Trulia and Redfin
Our Employees Matter: We strongly encourage a collaborative and collegial work environment so that our employees can excel at their jobs and enjoy coming to work everyday. We’re also excited to offer benefits to our full-time employees that safeguard their physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- Unlimited and Flexible PTO
- Comprehensive Health Plans, including one option that covers employees 99%
- 401k, eligible after 3 months of service
- Paid family leave
- Commuter benefits
- Compassionate and mission-oriented team
- Culture focused on learning and personal growth
- Opportunity to have impact on the lives of our partners and clients
In addition to our benefits, this role offers a base salary of $65k-$85k, along with bonus potential that is paid yearly and equity in the company. The base salary varies and is determined by experience and skills that are unique to each candidate. The bonus potential is determined by individual, team and firm performance. Our existing employees are also eligible for an equity refresh based on individual, team, and company performance.
Note this role is hybrid, based in our Midtown NYC office 4 days per week.
Even if you don't meet all the criteria we encourage you to apply!