Landis is a homeownership company taking on the housing affordability crisis. Our mission is to guide people on their unique path to homeownership, and we do this through a holistic homeownership program where we buy a home for a client and rent it to them while we help them prepare for a mortgage. We’ve been on the Built In 50 Best Places to Work in New York City three years in a row. Landis is a Series B company backed by Sequoia Capital and GV.
We are currently seeking a Controller to join our rapidly growing company. This is a critical financial position with responsibilities that include overseeing the monthly close, managing financial reporting, contributing to strategic planning, revenue recognition/analysis, KPI analysis, and real estate fund reporting. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to own and improve upon financial processes and make an impact. Being a member of a small team, you will enjoy thinking broadly and strategically while executing quickly and tactically, having a direct impact on the company’s results and mission.
Where you will make an impact:
- Manage accounting and financial aspects for all properties in multiple fund entities
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual cash flow and variance analysis
- Prepare GAAP consolidated and audited financial statements
- Oversee tax planning, including projections, and audits
- Work to institutionalize accounting systems and processes
- Facilitate development of asset level performance reporting
- Coordinate with outside firms for preparation of annual audits and preparation of tax returns
- Create and collaborate on reports for senior management, debt providers, and investors
- Participate in other projects across Capital Markets and the broader company
- Enthusiastic about our mission to help renters become homeowners
- A self-starter with the discipline, dedication and motivation to work hard
- Excited to roll up your sleeves to build new reporting processes and systems
- 7+ years of experience in real estate accounting
- Public accounting background and audit experience strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, accounting, and tax-related matters
- Corporate and partnership tax experience
- Proficient with real estate accounting, payment, and budgeting software systems
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience on a cross-functional team
Our Employees Matter: We strongly encourage a collaborative and collegial work environment so that our employees can excel at their jobs and enjoy coming to work everyday. We’re also excited to offer benefits to our full-time employees that safeguard their physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- Unlimited and Flexible PTO
- Comprehensive Health Plans, including one option that covers employees 99%
- 401k, eligible after 3 months of service
- Paid family leave
- Commuter benefits
- Compassionate and mission-oriented team
- Culture focused on learning and personal growth
- Opportunity to have impact on the lives of our partners and clients
In addition to our benefits, this role offers a base salary of $150k-$170k, along with bonus potential that is paid yearly and equity in the company. The base salary varies and is determined by experience and skills that are unique to each candidate. The bonus potential is determined by individual, team and firm performance. Our existing employees are also eligible for an equity refresh based on individual, team, and company performance.
Note this role is hybrid, based in our Midtown NYC office 3 days per week.
Even if you don't meet all the criteria we encourage you to apply!
Something looks off?