Digital Marketing Manager, Paid Search
The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to help us launch and optimize campaigns on Paid Search. We are looking for someone who specializes in Google and BIng ads, and knows each platform inside and out. You’ll love the challenge of optimizing and scaling, and love getting into the weeds to find pockets of efficiency. Plus, you have an ongoing source of ideas you want to test.
A day in the life could include:
- Manage creation and day to day operations of paid search campaigns in Google Ads and Bing Ads, building campaigns from scratch.
- Oversee marketing campaigns and budget efficiently to meet specific company KPIs like CAC, binds (policies), and total premium.
- Continuously in the weeds optimizing keyword/negative keyword lists, bid strategies, audiences, and ad creative.
- Have a deep understanding of campaign performance, digging into data to find material, actionable insights; then offering new strategic recommendations.
- Coordinate with creative and product teams to launch copy and landing page tests.
- Stay updated on trends and developments in SEM and customer acquisition strategies
- Conduct regular competitive and market analysis.
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
- 5+ years building and managing paid search accounts on Google and Bing.
- Google Ads Certified.
- Strong analytical abilities, including experience with Google Sheets/Excel and other analytics tools.
- Experience with a/b testing and measuring to ensure statistical significance.
- Experience using data reporting tools like Looker or Tableau
- Financial Services experience strongly preferred
- Experience writing ad copy
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Collaborative team player with no ego and no attitude
- Experience in fintech/insurtech industries.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment or with ambiguity.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager.
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Remote work
- Generous equity package
- 401K with company match
- Parental leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.