Full Cycle Inbound Account Executive
We have more inbound leads than we can handle and our marketing team is holding back.
Are you a highly ambitious, honest, and technically savvy BDR or Account Executive who is excited to make a meaningful impact at a fast growing tech startup? Do you like to work collaboratively with a team to close new business? At Groundbreaker, you will persistently and professionally nurture prospects through the full sales cycle and ensure a smooth handoff to Customer Success. Your focus will be on empowering C-suite executives of small real-estate investment companies to efficiently allocate capital and create impact in their communities.
At Groundbreaker, we’re making real estate investment more transparent, accessible and efficient across the entire real estate investment industry – one of the oldest, largest, and most inaccessible investment industries. We believe in empowering every real estate investment professional – not just big institutions, to efficiently allocate capital and create impact in our communities.
We value transparency, giving attention to detail, and a laser focus on achieving individual and company goals. We hire people who are self-driven, entrepreneurial, and passionate team players. We are working to 10x our growth this year and need you to help us achieve this mission.
Your 90-Day Onboarding Plan Preview
Pre-onboarding + days 1-30
Study Groundbreaker Company materials including our buyer profiles, personas, buyer journey, sales process, discovery questions, positioning statements, objection handling, sales tech stack, workflows, and real estate industry content. Learn the Groundbreaker Product through recorded demos, mock sales presentations, and in-app product tours.
Get experience selling by shadowing the sales team and receive coaching from our Director of Sales. Graduate to qualifying your own inbound leads by the end of month one. Experience Groundbreaker post closing by shadowing customer onboarding, support, and success calls with new and existing clients. Work with Marketing to find our audience on Linkedin.
Learn about our business and product operations through weekly cross-functional team meetings. Begin taking Discovery calls alone. Continue shadowing Presentation calls with our Head of Business Development and deepen your knowledge of our product, competitors, industry, and ideal customer profile. Learn our pricing plans and shadow our Closing process. Begin full-cycle, closing your own deals! Continue developing your Linkedin network in our target market and begin engaging in other people’s content.
Run full cycle Sales by end of month spending 65% of your day to day scheduled with Sales meetings including discovery, presentations and closing. In the remaining 35%, run weekly activity, call and pipeline reviews. Log Product feedback from prospects and your feedback on process improvements. Collaborate with our team as necessary to get feedback implemented. Keep your activity tracking up to date weekly and set a predictable cadence for carrying out call, email, and Linkedin activities.
- Field inbound requests and run full cycle sales opportunities
- Responsible for using the company’s CRM software to input client interaction insights, key opportunity information and forecast your business on a weekly basis
- Manage your pipeline, run forecasting, and activity reporting
- Be the voice of our company to potential clients through positioning, presentations, proposals and a guide for their buying journey
Represent the culture and the brand of Groundbreaker
- Become an expert on real estate capital raising, investor relations, and reporting so you can be a thought leader and a teacher to our clients
- Represent Groundbreaker at industry events
- Be active on Linkedin to generate brand awareness while learning and connecting with industry professionals
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge and insight related to general trends, methodologies, emerging technologies and competitors.
- Work collaboratively with product and customer success to deliver exceptional customer experiences downstream
- 2+ years of experience in a sales/business development role, either in SaaS or financial services
- Exceptional listening skills; clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Influential presence and the ability to quickly build trust and new relationships
- Empathy for customers, and passion for helping them
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity; ideal candidates have experience working in dynamic environments and can adapt and add to an evolving sales process
- Demonstrated ability to consistently set and beat stretch sales targets
- Analytical and inquisitive by nature
- Passionate about software as a service
- Real estate relationships and familiarity with private equity investing concepts a plus
- Experience with Hubspot Sales Pro and/or other sales CRM and productivity tools
What you’ll get
An opportunity for uncommonly fast career growth as the first Account Executive at Groundbreaker. We have a market-tested product that leads the industry in its design. The market is demanding our solution, we are backed by strong reference customers, you’ll be armed with beautiful sales collateral, and all the support from our team to make you successful. You’ll work directly with company leadership and founders. We have built a supportive, collaborative, and creative environment with lots of autonomy, where you can thrive personally and professionally.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Open PTO and vacation policies
- Commuter benefits programs
- Flexible, family-friendly schedules to help you achieve work/life balance/integration
- Lending library of ebooks, audiobooks, and other training materials to help you expand and explore our industry, and yours
- Access to industry executives and valuable networking opportunities
If this sounds like the kind of place where you would thrive, then let us know by completing application questionnaire.
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Groundbreaker is a small team that values diversity. We pride ourselves on our fair (and fun!) interview process — which intentionally tries to remove as much conscious, and unconscious bias from our hiring decisions as humanly possible.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities and will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnic or national origin, gender (biological, perceived, identity or expression), sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or disability.
No recruiters, please!