Chief Financial Officer
Accounting & Finance
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Monday, June 26, 2023
Founded in 2014, RateMyAgent is Australia and New Zealand’s number 1 real estate ratings and review platform.
We also operate in the US market and have seen rapid growth and usage of the platform with exciting plans in the pipeline.
RateMyAgent has nearly 100 employees globally with our head office being in Cremorne, Melbourne with a number of remote employees based across AU, NZ and US. We listed on the ASX in 2018 ‘RMY’
We have an innovative tech culture, tonnes of energy and a focus to deliver amazing outcomes. Our culture means that teams can enjoy ownership of their products and the autonomy to innovate; backed by our belief in cross-functional collaboration, experimentation and learning. Our bi-annual engagement survey continually tracks above 85% for overall team engagement.
So, if you want to contribute to an environment where your work has an imminent impact on results and you don't have to work through all the red tape, then this could be the place for you.
About the role:
This critical appointment will oversee the leadership of the finance function for RMA Global. Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Executive Management team, you will provide operational and strategic guidance on all finance matters across our integrated offices between Australia, New Zealand and the US. As CFO, you will act as an overseer of the company's financial health by taking ownership of the financial reporting process. You will oversee internal control implementation, assist with budget preparation, ensure reporting compliance, and manage the transaction reporting process. You will operate as the internal auditor across the finance team and will work closely with the CEO to drive strategy and business growth initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to have a significant impact on the broader organisation, whilst supporting senior leadership and developing and leading a team.
This position is suited to an individual with experience in a similar role leading an ASX-listed commercial finance function. You will be a strong people leader and can demonstrate the RMA Values. Exceptional relationship management skills and commercial acumen will be essential to your success. Demonstrated experience working in professional services is desired. Relevant qualifications (CA or CPA) are also required.
- Managing key stakeholder relationships with the executive team, board of directors and internal stakeholdersOversight of all accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, financial, and management accounting functions
- Financial forecasting and budget processes including preparation of all monthly financial reporting
- Management reporting (providing analysis and reporting on WIP management, debtors, utilization, capacity, and profitability)
- Overseeing banking arrangements/facilities, relationships, and cash flow planning Risk management, compliance, and quality assurance
- Annual audit processes including the responsibility for the preparation of statutory reports
- Working closely with the board to set the business and financial strategy
- Proactively contributing to the strategic direction of the business
- Providing leadership in planning, directing, developing, and administering the financial activities of the business including the payroll function;
- Understand and mitigate key elements of RateMyAgent's financial risk
- Ensure that the company complies with all financial legal and regulatory requirements in Australia and internationally
- Full Corporate & legal compliance
- Lodgement of all tax returns and dealing with ATO and offshore tax authorities including US State taxing authorities
- Dealing with external advisers, lawyers, and accountants
- ASX announcement and reporting
- ASIC and offshore regulatory authority reporting
You will be a good match if:
- You have worked in senior financial roles with an ASX-listed company
- You have experience working within one of the ‘big 4’ accounting firms
- Somebody with great interpersonal skills who can form meaningful relationships based on transparency, dependability and trust
- Somebody with a clear understanding of their leadership style and experience in motivating and leading teams
- Somebody who is happy operating in a fast-moving environment that values progress over perfection
- Experience working with a Tech/SaaS business is highly desirable
Flexible working: The world has changed and so have we, we support you working remotely and from our office. Although this role will have to be Melbourne based.
Wellness initiatives:2 wellness days a year on us - Grab a massage, head out into nature or simply enjoy time at home.
Social: Company-wide collaboration such as product showcases, coffee with the exec sessions, culture, and loads of social events (virtual and in-person).
Hackathons: We are proud of our hackathon culture and host 2-3 hackathons a year where the whole company gets involved!
Extra Leave: A day off on your birthday! (No one likes to work on their birthday)Two Volunteer days
Paid Parental Leave: We want to support you as your family grows so we offer paid leave for the special times as well as flexible working options.
Learning and Development: Whether it's a short course, conference, or even a book that will help you with your learning and development, we have a healthy training budget in place for staff so you can continually learn and grow.
At RateMyAgent, we appreciate the value that comes from having diverse employees. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, pregnancy, race or religion, we strive to create a team where anybody can thrive. We strongly believe a varied workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective. Wherever you’re from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (Customer Obsessed, Do the right thing, One Team, One Dream, We Hustle We're Straight Up and Give a S***)