Head of Property Management
Landis is a homeownership company taking on the housing affordability crisis. Our mission is to guide people on their unique path to homeownership, and we do this through a holistic homeownership program where we buy a home for a client and rent it to them while we help them prepare for a mortgage. Landis has been on the Built In 50 Best Places to Work three years in a row. Landis is a Series B company backed by Sequoia Capital and GV.
Landis is seeking a talented Head of Property Management to join our management team. The role is responsible for overseeing end to end Property Management across the portfolio. You will drive the development of insights, strategies, and most impactful business initiatives to help Landis redefine the pathway to homeownership in the US. This role will also work closely with cross-functional counterparts and be a key member of the leadership team, reporting directly to our SVP of Growth and Operations.
Where you will make an impact:
- Set and deliver on the strategy, vision and roadmap for the continued growth and development of Property Management functions
- Understand the client journey and implement strategies to optimize funnel conversion and the client experience
- Define and execute critical strategies aligned with company-wide graduation goals, and contribute to overall success of the company as part of the Leadership Team
- Build processes to efficiently onboard, manage, and support clients as they move into their home with Landis and embark on their new path to homeownership
- Scale and build a team during a phase of rapid growth, while partnering with Tech and Product to design and implement tech-enabled processes
- Lead experiments to understand how we should interact with our end users to drive optimal business outcomes
This is a dynamic role that will partner with other teams on projects such as:
- Collaborating with Product, Engineering and Design as well as Strategy & Operations to build out solutions that will deliver value to our clients, as well as our teams on the ground
- Collaborating with the Underwriting and Coaching teams to provide feedback loops in order to drive better business results and underwriting decisions for our clients
- Passionate about our mission to enable homeownership in America
- A self-starter with the discipline, dedication, and motivation to work hard in a start-up environment
- Data driven with a roll-up your sleeve, bias to action mentality
- Proficient project management skills and ability to adjust prioritization
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Someone who takes pride in quality, precision, and productivity
- Excited to work closely with people from various backgrounds and celebrate wins together!
Your background includes:
- 10+ years of prior experience in a similar role (recent property management experience required; tech, operations, consulting, strategy, analytics, investment banking experience in addition is a plus)
- Strong management skills, including building and structuring teams from the ground up and up to hundreds of individuals
- Unparalleled business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly develop strategies and make decisions
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, finding deep and measurable insights, modeling, and sophisticated test plan design and analysis
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders in a constantly evolving, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills required
- MBA is a plus
Our Employees Matter: We strongly encourage a collaborative and collegial work environment so that our employees can excel at their jobs and enjoy coming to work everyday. We’re also excited to offer benefits to our full-time employees that safeguard their physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- Unlimited and Flexible PTO
- Comprehensive Health Plans, including one option that covers employees 99%
- 401k, eligible after 3 months of service
- Paid family leave
- Commuter benefits
- Compassionate and mission-oriented team
- Culture focused on learning and personal growth
- Opportunity to have impact on the lives of our partners and clients
In addition to our benefits, this role offers a base salary of $200k-$250k, along with bonus potential that is paid yearly and equity in the company. The base salary varies and is determined by experience and skills that are unique to each candidate. The bonus potential is determined by individual, team and firm performance. Our existing employees are also eligible for an equity refresh based on individual, team, and company performance.