Landis is a homeownership company taking on the housing affordability crisis. Our mission is to guide people on their unique path to homeownership, and we do this through a holistic homeownership program where we buy a home for a client and rent it to them while we help them prepare for a mortgage. We’ve been on the Built In 50 Best Places to Work in New York City three years in a row. Landis is a Series B company backed by Sequoia Capital and GV.
We are growing rapidly and looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team. This is an exciting time to join our fast growing startup in an impactful, centralized role. You will take part in the month-end close process, technical GAAP accounting, financial reporting and other projects across the company. This role will work closely with cross-functional counterparts and external parties to lead high-impact initiatives while offering ownership and autonomy over your work.
Where you will make an impact:
- Support the month-end close process
- Support the preparation of account reconciliations, including operating and settlement bank accounts and general ledger accounts
- Perform analytics and special projects as requested
- Develop and implement accounting policies
- Handling other accounting-related matters in accordance with GAAP and other tasks as requested
- Support the Accounts Payable function by processing invoices, responding to Vendors, and maintaining strong Vendor relations
- Maintain and support accounting activities for property and fund level entities
- Assist with preparation and execution of year end tax reporting
- Passionate about Landis’ mission to enable homeownership in America
- A self-starter with the discipline, dedication, and motivation to work hard in a start-up environment
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated to quality, precision, and productivity
- Excited to work closely with your co-workers!
Your background includes:
- 2+ years of work experience in Public Accounting or related field
- CPA or similar designation preferred
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and how to apply them in practice
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Intermediate MS Excel skills (VLooksUps, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Attention to detail and the ability to work proficiently, executing multiple tasks timely under significant time constraints
- Process day-to-day transactions accurately and efficiently
- Able to prioritize and juggle overlapping deadlines
- Possess strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to work cross functionally with various departments
- Self-starter and collaborative personality
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Prior experience in financial services or real estate is a plus but not a requirement
Our Employees Matter: We strongly encourage a collaborative and collegial work environment so that our employees can excel at their jobs and enjoy coming to work everyday. We’re also excited to offer benefits to our full-time employees that safeguard their physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- Unlimited and Flexible PTO
- Comprehensive Health Plans, including one option that covers employees 99%
- 401k, eligible after 3 months of service
- Paid family leave
- Commuter benefits
- Compassionate and mission-oriented team
- Culture focused on learning and personal growth
- Opportunity to have impact on the lives of our partners and clients
In addition to our benefits, this role offers a base salary of $85k-$115k, along with bonus potential that is paid yearly and equity in the company. The base salary varies and is determined by experience and skills that are unique to each candidate. The bonus potential is determined by individual, team and firm performance. Our existing employees are also eligible for an equity refresh based on individual, team, and company performance.
Note this role is hybrid, based in our Midtown NYC office 3 days per week.
Even if you don't meet all the criteria we encourage you to apply!
Something looks off?