Columbia, SC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
- Job Title
- UI/UX Designer
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Columbia, SC 29201
- Other Location
Who We Are
Land Intelligence is a software technology company serving the commercial real estate industry. We focus on Land Development. We have been recognized as an industry technology leader in providing solutions on a national scale. Our team are visionaries that see a better, faster, and more valuable way to research, finance, and trade land.
We are entrepreneurs first. Which means we manage the people, processes, and product. We create new ways of doing things to drive value. We are builders and growth minded. Our leadership team has been recognized as a Best Places to work in the industry nationally. Our team drives for personal and professional development, as personal growth is instrumental to our success. Your learning will be supported by specialized in-house training programs and mentoring by the industry’s leading experts, many of whom are our investors and strategic partners.
Role of the UX Designer
- Responsible for product specifications for new products and enhancements from UX perspective.
- Hands on designer of new core experiences across both mobile and web, and features from early-stage concepts to implementation – UX Designer will own and execute upon smaller aspects of larger projects.
- Lead the requirements definition activities.
- Architect complex content and information systems into usage scenarios and use cases, wireframes, content outlines, mockups/storyboards, functional specifications, and interactive prototypes.
- Create UX deliverables like wireframes, user journeys, flows, personas.
- Partner with development team members and participate in Agile activities to ensure understanding and feasibility of the user experience
- Be a passionate UX and customer research evangelist, championing the customer throughout the organization.
- Ability to assess date from multiple sources (ie., product requirements, tech constraints, UX research, web analytics, and industry trends) and synthesize it to produce efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, classification schemes, navigation systems, and design patterns.
- Creation of strong visuals to help create narrative and facilitate understanding of design concepts; experience in workshop facilitation is a plus
- Experience conducting customer or prospective customer interviews, contextual inquiry, and/or user testing
- Keen interest and awareness of future developments in website trends and innovations
- Organized and self-directed approach; experience with project management principles to manage assigned work including dependency interlock
- Ability to empathize with customers, understand their unarticulated needs, and envision solutions that address real problems and create real value
- Familiarity with market research and business model analysis
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, graphic design, or another relevant field
- OR appropriate certifications from a reputable organization
We are a startup, but this isn't our first time doing this. As a result, you can get the thrill of working at a startup, with the resources of a publicly traded company. We offer a best-in-class benefits package, as we are a Professional Employment Organization (PEO) with our partner Insperity that includes medical, vision, dental and life insurance. Our 401 (k) program offers an employer match, along with a 401(k)-profit sharing and performance-based bonuses and generous paid time off.
Land Intelligence is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Land Intelligence also participates in the federal E-Verify Program.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, graphic design, or another relevant field
• OR appropriate certifications from a reputable organization