Senior Software Engineer
Knock is a caring group of people who came together from across the industry with the belief there had to be a better way to serve people in the journey between homes. We offer a first-of-its-kind Knock Bridge Loan™ that gives everyone in the process more convenience, certainty, and competitiveness.
Founded in 2015, we have earned the industry’s trust: an A+ Better Business Bureau rating and relationships with more than 120,000 real estate agents in our 75 markets across the US. Launched by founding team members of Trulia, we are funded by industry leading investors, including Foundry Group, Greycroft, RRI, Parker89, and The National Association of Realtors who serves 1.6 million members. We’re most proud of the stories from people we’ve helped get their new home, and the five star Zillow rating from over 750 reviews. To learn more, Knock.
Enjoying Life & Making an Impact:
- Since our founding in 2015, Knock has and continues to offer a 100% remote work culture
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums for full time employees
- Flexible Paid Time Off for full time employees
- Paid parental leave for all full time employees: 12 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing mother, 6 weeks paid parental leave for the non-birthing parent
- $1,000 annually for professional development
- Life, AD&D and Disability insurance for full time employees
- 401K (noncontributory by Knock) for all employees
- $75 monthly allowance for health & wellness
- Up to $400 monthly for a co-working space for eligible employees
- $100 monthly allowance for home internet, mobile phone or other communication devices
- $2,500 referral bonus for eligible employees
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a core part of building the growth engine for Knock and helping to create a world class customer experience. You will work on web applications that power Knock.com and the platform that supports our network of partners and Knockstars. This role will be primarily frontend-focused with a 70/30 split between frontend and backend.
- Build and maintain modern web experiences for Knock’s multiple consumer-facing and internal web applications and understand the data that powers our applications
- Continually learn, grow, and expand your knowledge, while also supporting others’ learning experiences; act as a mentor and a resource for others inside and outside of your team
- Collaborate with our talented UX, Product, and Engineering team members as well as other parts of the Knock business to deliver great products
- Utilize best practices for architecture, implementation, testing, monitoring, logging, and deployments
- Safeguard our consumer experience and advocate for strong UX and Design principles
- Take on ad-hoc projects as they arise and always be willing to support your team where they need you
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous
- Have proven success working 100% remote and are experienced working with a distributed multi-timezone team
- Be able to adapt to a rapidly changing startup environment and willing to learn new technologies and tools
- Exhibit a customer-first mindset and data-driven approach to your work
Technical qualifications - You will bring:
- Strong experience building web applications written in TypeScript using React.js (required), Next.js, and Svelte
- Experience writing GraphQL queries and mutations to communicate with backend services
- Understand software design principles and have experience with the full lifecycle software development including requirements gathering, development, testing, troubleshooting, deployment, instrumentation and monitoring
- Experience with backend development using various Node.js frameworks
- Ability to read and write SQL queries
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider, ideally AWS
- Familiarity with logging, debugging and application performance monitoring tools
- Set up and constantly operate a computer
- Communicate and exchange accurate information to others via telephone or internet video applications
The candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Our Compensation Philosophy: As a fully remote (U.S.-based) workforce, our goal is to ensure that all Knockstars are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for Colorado applicants. The salary range estimate for this position is: $150,000 - $170,000 USD.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks, and benefits at any time. Employees eligible for bonus and/or commission will be provided details in the offer letter.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.
PDF is our preferred format for resumes and any other attachments. Thank you!